Sunday 10 January 2010

#8 The last day.

This is the beginning of the end. Today is the day we depart this sacred land, off to our homes where work and college, instead of skiing and drinking, are our everyday activities. Joy.

We have to be out of our rooms at 10, but we’re permitted to stay in the chalet until 1:30, when our transfer bus comes. That means I’m ‘busy’ packing. Refilling my suitcase has reaffirmed my beliefs that I am potentially the worse packer ever! Half the stuff I’m packing hasn’t been worn or used. Maybe that’s why my suitcase was over the limit…

The actual coach ride itself was upsetting, yet interesting. We passed snow covered, vertical drop cliff edges, rickety old shacks that looked like they should be on A Series of Unfortunate Events and more graffiti than the amount I doodle in boring lessons.

Then, we arrived at the airport, boarded the plane, I was (again!) not given a vegetarian meal, and we then landed, after a flight of Ella stealing my phone and taking hundreds of pictures of her, her various body parts and the general inside of the aircraft. I phoned my friends and it was amazing hearing their voices again as I interrogated them as to why they didn’t text me like I had specifically requested. We then got home and I spent hours on my laptop attempting to catch up on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other things that had happened whilst I was away.

This week has been really good. I utterly love skiing holidays. I didn’t get to go snowboarding, the skiing itself wasn’t great because of the weather and we certainly didn’t go out as much as I would have liked, but I’ve still had an amazing week. Now, it’s the countdown until next season…

No comments:

Post a Comment