Saturday 9 January 2010

#6 New Years Eve.

Woke up. Had breakfast. Got dressed. Skied. Went on a gondola that made me feel like I was in Star Wars. Skied. Came back to the chalet. Got Ella, Mum and Dad. Went to get Ella skis. Took Ella to a green run…

Ella was amazing at skiing! I taught her how to snowplough, how to stop, how to turn and we used the button lift. By the end of the 30 minute session I had with her, she was able to ski by herself! I am so, so proud of her, and amazed at how good she was.

The day today is New Years Eve; so, we’re going to be eating dinner and (hopefully) going out. I am planning on getting very, very drunk

At dinner, I had a few drinks, and as we left for the New Years Eve celebrations, I was already pretty drunk. We then went to a pirate themed bar, where they had a normal bar one side of the room, and a separate bar where the bartenders had full pirate outfits on and served only rum of all different colours and flavours; it was awesome. I then had a pint, 2 shots of Sambuka (ew), several shots of rum (I can remember having banana and strawberry) and whatever else people were giving me.

We headed over to where the celebrations were being held, which was set out like a concert. They had a stage with lots of very bright lights, and a DJ booth for NRJ to lay some heavy tracks down. Being my very drunken self, I decided it would be a good idea to get right to the front of the crowd, so, using my elbows, hands and brute force, I wrestled my way right to the front centre and started jumping up and down and waving my arms like a crazy person. I’m not even sure if I was in time with the beat. The celebrations were being filmed and I remember making ridiculous faces at the camera which I thought were appropriate. The DJ also looked down at me and started bouncing his hands up and down, just as I was. The group of people I was with then informed me that they were going and asked if I wanted to go. I declined their offer and claimed I knew my way back, even though I didn’t. After a while, I felt bored and tired, so decided I should probably make my way back – one problem; I didn’t have a clue where I was going. I got out and made my way over to two people. I asked them if they knew where the hotel ‘Le Petit Prince’ is, as it’s the nearest landmark to our chalet, and I had no clue what our chalet was called. They said they didn’t but, in turn, asked me a question; ‘You smoke cannabis?’ – They were basically asking me if I had weed on me. I then went to ask another group of people ‘Excuse moi. Parle-vous Anglais?’ ‘Non.’ ‘Ah, er, ou est l’hôtel Le Petit Prince?’ Apparently, my French is a lot better the more I drink. I then got told to go down a road, which I did, when I encountered the shop area of the town. I found the French police, thus, thought it would be a good idea to ask them. Using the only bit of French I knew, I asked whether they knew how to get back. They did, and told me to just keep walking down the road, which I did, and slowly started to recognise where I was. Then a Polish man asked me whether I spoke French, I said no, he found that good because he didn’t either. He asked me, in slightly broken English, whether I knew where some hotel was. Now, I have a hard enough time understanding English people when I’m drunk. It’s even harder trying to decipher foreign people. And even worse when I don’t have a clue where he was trying to say. So, I might have claimed I knew and slightly sent him down the road away from me, purely because I couldn’t be bothered to attempt to understand where he meant. I got back to the chalet, went to the fridge, opened a carton of orange juice and drank from the bottle. About 30 seconds later, I heard people downstairs; it was the people who abandoned me. I let them know of my adventures, then went to bed, crashed out, and woke up with a rather sore head. All in all, my New Years Eve was bloody amazing.

Wipeout Count: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment