Friday 16 October 2009

Cosmetic surgery is a big no from me.

I’m currently on AwfulPlasticSurgery.com and getting genuinely distressed by some of the images on there. It’s not because some of the pictures are utterly hideous, where people have gone too far with extensive Botox, lip fillers and breast implants, but because there are before and after pictures on there and it’s quite clear that the majority of the celebrities who got the surgery clearly didn’t need it. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of money that is spent on it, which could be used so much more wisely.
I quite like this website because it’s not necessarily condoning plastic surgery, it’s not condemning it, but it’s not agreeing.
One of the pictures I came across was a before and after of Angelina Jolie. In the before image she looked 100% shaggable! Genuinely beautiful. She looked so, so good. And then the after image where she’s had rhinoplasty, and a face lift, she looks horrid. Well, in comparison, anyway. The case is the same with most of the other pictures on here.
I comprehend the idea of mediation, so yeah, they could have picked a good ‘before’ picture, and a crap ‘after’ one, but even if it was the other way round, I would most likely pick the before.
It’s upsetting. It’s truly upsetting how due to the media etc, people feel like the need to excel their already beautiful self, by the use of cosmetic surgery. I am really again surgery for cosmetic use. Obviously I can understand someone getting a breast reduction if their boobs are so big they’re causing pain, or something that is for a practical use. But surgery to look ‘better’? No.
What’s worse is when my friends say they’re considering surgery. At seventeen, they’re considering getting plastic surgery. It enrages me. I think it’s disgusting that these beautiful, beautiful people (and that’s not just my opinion, I do have seriously attractive friends) want to change the way they are, even though they are already gorgeous, and they look amazing without having to change a thing.
I admit, I’m not perfect, but who is. To strive for perfection is to strive for the impossible. But there is no way I would want to get surgery! Okay, my neutral mouth makes my lips droop down, and the tip of my nose slightly moves when I talk, I have a round face and I have droopy eyelids (that’s just my face) but so what? Oh, and I have ginger skin! I really don’t care, because I am happy with the way I look. When I look in the mirror, I feel good about myself. I look at myself and think ‘Damn. I so would.’ Because I’ve accepted my flaws and I feel perfectly comfortable with myself in fact, more than comfortable. I wish that everyone could look in the mirror and feel good about themselves and stop struggling to become something they’re not.
Embrace what you have been given as it’s a gift. You’ll enjoy life a lot more if you have self confidence and you’ll have less things to worry about. Remember, your harshest critic is yourself, and the more beautiful you feel, the more beautiful you will look.

No comments:

Post a Comment